From cost savings to an improved customer experience, adopting a virtual receptionist service offers many advantages! Compared to traditional front desk workers, virtual receptionists have several other advantages that are better suited to the needs of modern businesses and their clients. When it comes to the benefits of using a virtual receptionist, they range from seamless service around the clock to delivering a superior customer experience. To add to that, they ensure greater efficiency and a wider range of services that go beyond just answering and transferring calls.
Let’s dive into the main benefits of virtual receptionist services to better understand their role within your business:
- 24/7 Availability | Customers expect you to be there for them whenever they need—and when their calls go unanswered, you risk losing their business. A remote receptionist service is available to answer incoming customer calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter what time, a virtual receptionist service will be there to handle all customer calls in a timely and professional manner, saving you time and providing peace of mind. At Berkshire Receptionists, we even offer a disaster recovery service so customers can reach your business, even if your office loses power.
- High-Quality Customer Service | At Berkshire Receptionists , all of our virtual receptionists are carefully screened and trained to act as a professional extension to your office. Each of our virtual receptionists is highly experienced and able to maintain a professional image for your company, no matter what industry you serve. Having receptionists who answer all inbound calls in a professional, cordial, and intelligent manner helps your business cultivate a trustworthy and professional brand image.
- Greater Efficiency | It is impossible for a single in-house receptionist to provide the ‘round-the-clock service your customers desire. A team of virtual receptionists is able to seamlessly field all incoming calls, and route them to the appropriate individuals or departments without needing any additional assistance from you or your employees. Additionally, there is no need to account for training or any sort of onboarding—you simply purchase the service. Berkshire Receptionists does all the rest to ensure our team is ready to hit the ground running and start serving your business.
- You Get More Than Virtual Receptionists | Comprehensive virtual receptionist services, like Berkshire Receptionists, provide services beyond answering and transferring calls. For example, all of our plans offer extensive perks in addition to 24/7 live receptionists, including:
- Call transfers
- Email relays
- SMS relays
- Secure notifications
- Bilingual receptionists
- Custom hold music
- Personalized greetings
- Local number
- Disaster recovery
- Online client portal
- Usage report
- Dedicated account manager
Of course, one concern that many business owners have is can a receptionist work remotely and provide the same amount of service as an in-house employee? The short answer is yes! Let’s explore how that’s possible.
How Does a Virtual Receptionist Work?
A virtual receptionist is a third-party professional that handles all of the patient-facing communication for your business. They do this by answering calls, scheduling appointments, and answering customers’ questions, ensuring all interactions are handled just as if an in-house employee answered the calls.
In general, all remote receptionist businesses function differently, but here is how we handle business at Berkshire. Using our state-of-the-art proprietary technology, our teams of highly-qualified live receptionists handle your inbound customer communications including:
- Answering your phones
- Speaking to your customers
- Transferring calls
- Taking messages
- Relaying messages
Our receptionists are trained to act as an extension of your business and work hard to provide an excellent experience for your callers. Our integration with your business is so seamless, your customers will assume they are speaking with an in-house receptionist.
Additionally, every live receptionist we hire receives industry-specific training. This enables us to ensure that our people have the skills and know-how needed to effectively interact with your customers. From medical practices to nonprofit organizations, our experienced team can serve any industry. Here are just a few of our current clients.
Ultimately, we understand how important it is to make a good first impression. With that in mind, our receptionists are equipped with the training and the tools they need to make every interaction exceptional—and at a fraction of the cost of an in-house receptionist to boot! Not only can you save time and money, but the importance of a receptionist in an organization cannot be understated when it comes to providing unparalleled customer service.
What Is a Virtual Receptionist vs Live Receptionist?
Unlike a live receptionist who physically sits at your office, a virtual receptionist can handle calls, book appointments, and perform other administrative tasks from a location outside of your business’s office. Generally, virtual receptionists connect with customers through live chat or your business’s phone line—which is forwarded from your own phone system directly to a third-party service. Because of this, having a virtual service set up allows you to interact with customers without having to keep a receptionist on site during business hours.
In contrast, a live receptionist is an employee who works in the physical business office. Similar to a virtual receptionist, typical duties for in-person receptionists include greeting guests, fielding phone calls, and overseeing office administration. The key difference lies in their physical presence in the office, as well as the costs associated with hiring a full-time employee—like salary and benefits.
Are Virtual Receptionists Worth It?
In general, yes choosing to work with a virtual receptionist company is worthwhile. In fact, due to the importance of a receptionist in business, studies and experts across the industry stress that answering phones and helping customers is an essential part of good business. However, the success of your partnership depends entirely on the quality of the receptionist provider. Here’s what you should expect from a quality partner.
- Ability to work with and adapt to your industry
- Highly trained professional receptionist staff
- Compliance with regulations in your industry (For example, Berkshire Receptionists is HIPAA compliant)
- Fair pricing and a money-back guarantee (Berkshire Receptionists offers a 21-day money-back guarantee)
- No long-term contracts
- Additional tools and services aside from live receptionists
Whether you are looking for a live receptionist for a small business or an even smaller start-up, Berkshire Receptionists has a solution for you. If you’re ready to boost your customer communication, get started with us today!